How to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Windows 10
In this tutorial we will show you step by step how to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Windows 10 Operating System. Here we will use windows feature subsystem for Linux and Ubuntu Linux available on Microsoft store.
- Running computer should be Windows 10 64 bit Architecture.
- You should have administrator privileges
Enable Windows feature subsystem for Linux
Before installation of Ubuntu 20.04 we need to enable windows feature Subsystem For Linux. we will do it using windows Powershell command.
Go to search box and type powershell and run it as a administrator.
Once open the powershell command prompt then perform the below command to enable Windows feature subsystem for Linux.
# Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
Once you press Enter it will reboot your system to reflect the changes.
Install Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store
Now, we are going to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS from windows store.
1. Open microsoft store as shown.
2. Once you have opened microsoft store search Ubuntu here choose Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
3. Now, click on Get it will ask you microsoft signing if you have account then go with ms account other wise choose No,thanks
Here it will take some time to download the Ubuntu Linux.
5. Once download completed launch the Ubuntu system.
6. And Now, Set initial username and password.
That’s all in this article, we have shown you how to install Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on windows 10.
I am a professional Cloud Engineer and founder of LinuxFork. I am working on Infrastructure Deployment and focusing on the integration of open source technologies with the Cloud. I am an avid Linux lover and open source enthusiast. mostly, I am working with Redhat and Ubuntu Linux in the production environment. apart from this I always believe in knowledge sharing.